In 2005, working as a contractor for E-Democracy.org, I was responsible for helping establishing several online local issues forums in the UK, funded by the Local E-Democracy National Project. My responsibilities included:
- Recruiting communities to participate.
- Preparing training materials. I edited and wrote significant portions of the Local Issues Forum Guidebook (PDF).
- Preparing training materials.
- Promotion of local issues forums at conferences in the UK.
- On-site training of volunteer forum managers.
- Ongoing technical and organizational support for local issues forums.
I helped establish, train volunteers, and provide support for forums in:
- Brighton and Hove
- Bristol neighborhoods
- Greater Bedminster
- Oxford neighborhoods
- Headington and Marston
- Central, South, and West